Spending only $90 for almost $300 worth of stuff is definitely not a hard decision to make and seeing this year’s Sephora Favorites Superstars ($90, available here) set made me realize that I was in danger of purchasing 3+ backups. Someone stop me!!
If you’ve been a long-time reader, you’ll know that value sets are one of my favourite things to buy given that you get to test and play around with so many new products at a fraction of the cost. I am a huge fan of the Sephora Favourites range of value sets because they include a myriad of products/brands and are typically includes the biggest brand names, and most-loved products from those brands.
When the 2013 Superstars set came out, I bought 4 of them. Rest assured that I bought them only when I had a 20% discount code, and also because I meant to regift the majority of it which is what I plan on doing this year as well!
Having been really disappointed by last year’s set (which was practically identical to the set from 2013), I was stoked to see Sephora revamp the whole set, and introduced brand new products in the line up except for one (it’s the Stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner which I’m actually thankful for!!) The carefully curated set includes best-sellers and highly-raved products at Sephora so you know you’re getting a great deal buying this set rather than separately.
Included in this set are 7 full-sized products which I have denoted below. If there is a link associated with product name, you can check out a review that I’ve put together on the blog!
- 0.3 oz Beautyblender® original (full-size) $26, available here
- 0.1 oz Benefit They’re Real! Mascara $29, available here
- 0.21 oz Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlight (full-size) $26, available here
- 0.42 oz Lancôme Drama Liqui-Pencil Extreme Longwear Eyeliner in Noir Intense (full-size) $31
- 0.06 oz Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Highlight $42, available here
- 0.16 oz MAKE UP FOR EVER Step 1 Skin Equalizer Hydrating Primer / Base step 1 skin equalizer $43, available here
- 0.05 oz NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadow in Himalia (full-size) $36, available here
- 1 oz Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water (travel size) $37, available here
- 0.016 oz Stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Intense Black (full-size) $29, available here
- 0.06 oz Tarte the sculptor contouring face slenderizer in park ave princess™ $29, available here
- 0.035 oz Tarte The slenderizer bamboo contouring brush $41, available here
- 0.24 oz Touch in Sol Stretchex Stretch Lash Effect Mascara (full-size)
- 0. 05 oz Urban Decay Eye shadow in Lounge (full-size) $26, available here
In the past the value of the set has ranged somewhere around or over $300. This year’s set is equally as impressive with just as many full-sized products and variety that doesn’t make this set any redundant. I’m really thrilled to see Sephora take out the NARS Orgasm/Laguna duo (this is the most repeated duo and most commonly included in value sets) and took out a lot of products that are skintone specific. Also, despite the shtty exchange rate, I’m really glad that Sephora didn’t hike up the price of their products unlike some of my other HG products which has seen a $3-6 price hike in the last six months!
I won’t go over each product individually because that will make this post incredibly long, but I figured I’ll share some of my favourite pieces or highlights in the set!
I’m so stoked over the fact that Sephora has kept the strobing theme by including two highlighter products: Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlight ($26, available here) and the Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Highlight ($42, available here). I’ve used the Laura Mercier powder before (you can check out my review here) and pretty excited about giving the infamous Clinique Chubby Stick a shot because I’ve heard amazing things about it!
I really like that Sephora included two eyeshadows – one neutral and one darker to pair or used individually for different looks for the holiday season. The NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadow in Himalia ($36, available here) can be used dry or wet and is a lovely neutral warm-toned brown while the Urban Decay Eye shadow in Lounge ($22, available here)
Thank you Sephora for including a full-sized Beauty Blender ($26, available here) because I cannot part with mine ever since I got it at IMATS in September! If you have been wanting to try this out, you need the set urgently! Definitely very thrilled to still see the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Intense Black ($29, available here) which is my HG eyeliner and saw a $3 price increase this year (Not cool!) and the addition of the brand new Lancôme Drama Liqui-Pencil Extreme Longwear Eyeliner in Noir Intense which doesn’t budge even with the make up remover at Sephora.
Like usual, I’ll probably do a review on a couple of these products so stay tuned for that! In the mean time, I already have my eyes on the Extend Your Style Set ($39, available here) which includes a whole bunch of travel-sized dry shampoo and the Soko to Tokyo ($50, available here) which has a whole bunch of Asian skincare products!
What do you think of this year’s Sephora Favourites Set? Will you picking one up? What are you most interested in trying out?