Back to school means stocking up on pens, pencils, papers (does anyone still? Or am I the only old-school one?) new laptops, printers – you get the flow. However, back to school means stocking up on products you’ll need to get through the new academic year while looking as fabulous as always. With all the money that we’re spending on tuition, textbooks, course fees, admin fees, and all other fees the university administration likes to tack on, that doesn’t leave much room for the “fun” stuff (makeup, right?) so today, I’ve rounded up some of my favourite drugstore products to get you started for back to school (beauty) shopping!
- Maybelline Colossal Mascara ($8.99): Lasts all day without weighing down my lashes. Doesn’t smudge nor transfer – good value for the price!
- Essence Stay Matt Powder ($3.99): You don’t need a lot to set your foundation (if you overdo it, it will pill on your face! Pilling is when the product is “lifted off” the skin, or balls up) so a little goes a long way with this powder!
- Wet n Wild Blush ($4.99): A super budget-friendly alternative to high-end blushes that has the quality and pigmentation you would expect from brands like MAC or NARS. Super pigmented, and long-lasting – a little goes a LONG way with this
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer ($9.99): It’s been compared to the NARS Creamy Concealer… for a good reason too! Creamy, easy to blend, while providing superb coverage, this has become my go-to everyday concealer!
- Maybelline Color Tattoo ($8.99): Great as bases for your eye makeup, or for one-colour, one-product eye makeup on the go. Some shades are so versatile, you can double them up as eyebrow product, cheek highlighter or even eyeliner!
- Wet n Wild Eyeshadow Singles ($1.99): They are a little difficult to find but if you do see them, snap them up! The shades I’ve featured here (Nutty and Brulée) are dupes for MAC’s Satin Taupe and Blanc Type respectively. You would have never guessed that they cost a fraction of MAC’s eyeshadows for the quality and pigmentation you’re getting!
- Annabelle Twist Up Lip Pencils ($9.99): amazing 2-in-1 lipstick and lip pencil – great, hydrating formula that sits comfortably on the lips! Naked and Absolute are my favourites for everyday wear!
- Maybelline Colour Elixir ($9.99): Non sticky, lightweight formula that enhances your lip. One of the best “hybrid” lip products from the drugstore that I’ve come across!
- L’Oreal Sublime Micellar Solution ($9.99): My favourite Bioderma dupe that doesn’t cost a ton of money but still very accessible! These often go on sale, so snap them up when they are!
- Simple Skincare Cleansing Facial Wipes ($8.99): if you prefer the convenience of the ease of makeup wipes, this is my favourite brand of makeup wipe! Removes makeup so effortlessly without tugging so it’s safe and gentle enough to use for sensitive skin!
All products featured cost less than $10, and rounds up for a total of $77.90 for all 10 products! Stay tuned for an upcoming high-end version of the list coming your way!
Now its’s your turn! Have you tried any of these products? What’s on your beauty back to school list? As always, I’d love to hear your thoughts! Share with me comment section or through Twitter or Instagram!