A holiday collection that sparkle, indescribably ornate, sumptuously adorned and is the definition of decadence – You do you, Dior. Unlike collections that are released throughout the year, holiday season means Dior goes out of town and really takes the packaging to the next level. Not that I mind – these pieces are calling out to be shown off!
A collection that calls itself a “State of Gold”, you know you want at least a piece of the action.
Here is your look at the beautiful State of Gold collection, available now at sephora.ca, The Bay, Holt Renfrew and select Shoppers Drug Mart (Beauty Boutique) counters, this is a collection that is surprisingly as inclusive as it can get. Love your pinks? I think you’ll really be keen on the Diorific Mat Velvet Colour Lipstick Radieuse (#430). Maybe you want to go bold this season? Try the Diorific Mat Velvet Colour Lipstick Fabuleuse (750) and Fantastique (770).
I will have separate reviews coming up shortly for the various pieces, but here is a quick look at the products so that you can get your hands on them before it’s all gone! Since I’ve had a a bit of time to play with the products once or twice so far, so I’ve bolded the standout pieces that I think you should get your hands on before this limited-edition collection is all gone!
5 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette
- Blazing Gold (886) – the striking burgundy shade is a true winner in this entire collection and will complement your collection without redundancy
- Eternal Gold (576)
- State of Gold (001)
- Gris-Or (227)
- Mystere (991)
- Passion (951)
Diorific Mat Velvet Colour Lipstick
- Radieuse (430) – outstanding lipstick formula that’s creamy and pigmented but feels weightless and moisturizing
- Fascinante (580)
- Fabuleuse (750)
- Fantastique (770) – creamy and pigmented but feels weightless and moisturizing in a standout colour
Diorshow Fusion Mono Eyeshadow
- Blazing (631)
Dior Addict Gloss
- Sparkle (322) – a non-sticky lipgloss that actually adds a bit of colour and pulls the entire look together
- Cygne Noir – I believe this is part of the permanent range, but aside from the formula, the colour is one of those my lip but better shade
Dior Diorshow Fusion Mono Eyeshadow
- Blazing (631)
What do you think of Dior’s 2015 State of Gold collection? What’s your favourite products so far?