True or False: The winter season can be one of the most uninspiring time of the year? For me, it’s often true rather than false, and I typically try to get to a warmer destination to break up the months a little bit. Since we are a couple of weeks into the new year already, I’m finding myself in a bit of a funk and running out of things to do or to motivate myself to starting – it’s always so tempting to snuggle back into my PJ, sip hot chocolate, and Netflix all weekend long.
I’ve put together a quick list of things that I want to do or start doing this year, and hope this will inspire you to take action and re-invigorate this winter season!
- Travel to at least 1 new city/country this year! It doesn’t have to be expensive: Be a tourist in your own city or go to a place you’ve never been to before
- Read more books. Here are great recommendations from Goodreads, and Time Magazine (2015 List)
- Pick up, and/or join a recreational or competitive sport team for the entire season
- Pick up a new hobby and keep it up for at least 6 months
- Do a season-related outdoor activity: go skiing in the winter, camping in the summer
- Learn and master 2 main course and 2 dessert recipes
- Successfully do a Pinterest DIY (and that you’re proud of showing off!)
- Start a blog, and find your niche
- Host a theme party/get together with your besties or your siblings every couple of months
- Repurpose or upcycle your old clothing / furniture / books
- Repaint / re-decorate / re-furnish your bedroom/apartment
- Try hot yoga
- Create a memory box and write down your favourite memories throughout the year
- Learn a language
- Catch up with high school / university / former co-workers
- Volunteer at a local charity or volunteer abroad (Learn about my Volontouring tip in Ghana here)
What is something new that you will be trying this year?